Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Once in a Blue Moon

Every once in a blue moon, such as the one we're having this New Year's, I'll post a complete poem that I wrote. Here's one for 2010:

New Year's Day

It's the clean slate,
the board washed of yesterday,
a new document page,
a big open space under "Comments."

The sun rises over and outshines
the fireworks display of last night,
the glitter and silver
of your party wear.

Today lends a new brightness
to snow and sand, benches and backyards
and to all your fresh plans,
even if it's a cloudy day.

This year makes a resolution
to be like no other year for the next 12 months.
You dive bravely
into its whirlwind of weeks.

And later fondly remember and passionately forget
red-letter and grey-letter days
in a black-and-white sort of way,
but never cease to be part of this year

For the rest of your life.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

soli Goodes said...

Hi Cynthia,

A lovely poem. I feel the same way about the possibilities of this new year. I read that you offer journal writing work shops. I too am a journal Junkie. I've been writing myself for over 10years. This year I am just starting to run my own Journal Writing for well-being workshops. I'd love to connect with you and chat about the experience you've gained so far. Here's to 2010 being an amazing year for our personal and global healthful transformation. Love Soli xxxx