Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lit reading at Woman Made Gallery, May 17

I've been to a literary reading at Woman Made Gallery before, and it is more than a reading -- it's an experience. Not only can you enjoy a couple of hours of new poetry, fiction and nonfiction work read aloud by the authors, but also take in the clean, spacious gallery tastefully arranged with paintings, sculptures, crafts and jewelry made by women, mostly from the Chicago area.

On Sunday, May 17, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. come on down to Woman Made Gallery for a lit reading on the theme of "The Emotional Body." Woman Made Gallery is located at 685 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago. For more info call 312-738-0400 or visit its poetry site.
"The Emotional Body:" Think of body as object or actor, in whole or in part, in function and malfunction, sickness and health, stark or embellished. Think active body, gendered body, consuming body, sexual, emotional, physical body...our most inescapable abode.

Join curator Nina Corwin and a body of fabulous writers:
● Allison Joseph, author of Wordly Pleasures
● S.L. Wisenberg, author of Cancer Bitch
● Nikki Patin
● Laura Dixon
● Sara Parrell
● Cynthia Gallaher, author of Swimmer’s Prayer and Earth Elegance (reading poems about medicinal herb and plant healing)
● Kristin LaTour
…and a special guest appearance by Marty McConnell, recently returned from NYC.

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi im new on here, I hit upon this board I have found It quite accessible and it's helped me a lot. I hope to give something back & help other users like its helped me.

Cheers all, Catch You Later.

Anonymous said...

Hiya im fresh to this, I came upon this chat board I find It positively useful & its helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back & support other users like it has helped me.

Thanks, Catch You Around

Anonymous said...

Greetings i am fresh on here. I stumbled upon this site I find It vastly helpful and it's helped me so much. I should be able to contribute and assist other users like it has helped me.

Cheers, Catch You Later